Sunday, April 27, 2014

Twiggy Inspired Makeup




In the 1960's Twiggy was famous for her signature pixie cut and bold eye makeup. I currently have a pixie cut and thought it would be fun to try and replicate her look. She was from London and had a petite frame similar to Audrey Hepburn (whom also made the pixie famous). To complete this look it requires heavy black eyeliner, eyeshadow is optional, and false lashes. I love this black and white photo of her, I'm a brunette so my hair photographs much darker. I decided to wear a black turtleneck because it was one of Twiggy's fashion choices.




Below is a color picture of Twiggy with blue eyeshadow, this is the makeup look I decided to replicate.

Makeup tutorials have been around way before YouTube and the internet, Twiggy showed women how to complete her look with a picture tutorial back in the 60's.


So cute! Her big doe eyes are so pretty and her mod style was adorable.


This is my version....




The blue eyeshadow compliments my brown eyes, they usually are a much darker brown.



Here are some close up's of my eye makeup...

(click to enlarge)


False lashes make such a dramatic difference.



I love to try different looks from different eras, the more dramatic the better. I'll continue to share as I explore different styles. =)

Much Love, V&L

No comments:

Post a Comment